Thursday, December 27, 2001

New Division

I will try to fill in the mentioned topics later, closer towards the end of my working days here. This is because of the change in work environment might further change my view of working life.

As the title shows, i have been transferred to another division. This is the division that deals more with the more technical aspect of setting up networks and troubleshooting. My first day here has already sent me through the data center and already had me sort-of familiarised with the Cisco system.

Security was tight, it requires a magnetic tag with the proper user rights. Then in the inner room where we were to keep our shoes, a finger print scanner with a numeric pad. Entering would bring you into a glass room. The data farms on the left and the command consoles on the right. Somebody has to let you in from the inside. The command center is another thing altogether. One shows the cameras positioned all over the floor, the others were, logs of people entering and logs of access from the network and performance logs.

I know boriiiiing! But i'm sure not many people would be able to witness thing's like these. Karate tonight followed by a stop over at steph's place.

Thought of the day:
" Benkyo, benkyo, benkyo!!!!! " (study,study,study)

No comments: